I strongly support Open Sky and their quest to help all individuals find their best potential. This job listing is provided from my heart. We should all do our best to help those who need some assistance.
Description and Responsibilities
The Community Support Navigator will provide case management and direct outreach support to the their assigned caseloads, which consist of a combination of members enrolled in Community Support Program (CSP), Recovery Support Navigation (RSN), and/or Community Support Program for People Experiencing Chronic Homelessness (CSPECH). Additionally, the Navigator will:
- Engage with members as they enter the treatment system and support the member in gaining access to treatment services and community resources.
- Demonstrate respect for all members regardless of ability status, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
- Complete all Assessments and Support Plans according to prescribed timelines and specifications.
- Work collaboratively with medical and behavioral health providers to obtain any active comprehensive care plans that the member may have.
- Develop a Support Plan with the member that guides services in a way that is consistent and supportive of other existing comprehensive care plans.
- Implement interventions as identified in the Support Plan and document Member progress to maintain a permanent record of activity and services provided.
- Act as a liaison between members, community agencies, and families to coordinate treatment, including: employment and education entities, Care Coordination entities, Emergency Service Providers, outpatient clinics, and others.
- Provide temporary assistance with transportation to essential medical and behavioral health appointments while transitioning to community-based transportation resources.
- Provide and coordinate crisis response supports to members as necessary.
- Communicate all potential risk-related and other pertinent information to program leadership according to established program and Agency procedures.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation.
Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or a related field preferred. At least 2 years experience working with homeless, justice involved, adults with serious and persistent mental illness, substance use disorders, and underserved populations. Experience with local resources, navigating health, behavioral health and/or substance abuse treatment systems strongly preferred. Excellent communication, documentation, time management and organizational skills. Must have reliable transportation to effectively provide outreach supports. Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
At Open Sky Community Services, we open our doors, hearts, and minds to the belief that every individual, regardless of perceived limitations, deserves the chance to live a productive and fulfilling life.
Open Sky is on an anti-racist journey, committed to learning, living, and breathing inclusion, opportunity, diversity, racial equity and justice for ALL.
At Open Sky, you’ll join over 1,100 compassionate and highly trained professionals who put innovative, evidence-based practices to work in ways that positively impact our communities across Central Massachusetts and beyond.
As a trauma-informed organization, Open Sky strives for transparency and sensitivity to the experiences of those we interact with. Self-care is encouraged, and we are committed to providing a positive work culture that is focused on continuous learning and the value of diverse perspectives.
Open Sky is proud to be an industry leader in pay and benefits. Open the Door to Possibility, and begin your career with Open Sky today!
Benefits of Working for Open Sky Include:
- Excellent Supervision (Individual and Group), Professional Development, and Training Opportunities
- Generous paid time off plan – you start with 29 days (almost 6 weeks!) in your first year, including 12 paid holidays. Increases to 32 days in your 2nd year, and the current maximum is 43 days (OVER 8 WEEKS!)
- We pay for your higher education! Ask about our Tuition Reimbursement Program, and reimbursement for a variety of Human Services certifications
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Prescription Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Life Insurance (100% Employer-Paid)
- Eligible employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- And more!
Open Sky celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or disabled Veteran status.